As the Holidays approach with rapid speed and newer, better, and cooler games are released every day it makes you wonder… which gamining console is best to buy?
We have created this page to help give you the most impartial advice possible. Keep in mind, this is a very basic overview of the vast differences and similaries within the two gaming systems made to help those new to gamaing, parents of a gamers, or a gamer who is looking to upgrade from the previous models.
- You will be able to play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One starting next month
- Exclusive games like the Halo series (latest release Halo 5)
- Presents exciting game streaming possibilities with Windows 10
- It’s also the only console with EA Access (which is a subscription that allows the user to download EA games)
- Kinet allows wireless motion gaming and gesture control for the system – better than PS4
- Pass through features for controlling cable tv services
- Xbox One: match players by reputation, voice and video chat and unlimited cloud storage – better than PS4
- Must have paid xbox live account to use app store
- Xbox One also supports both the 2.4GHz and newer 5GHz channels that are compatible with dual band routers – better than PS4 (hardwiring is still the more reliable connection)
- Xbox One June update finally allowed gamers to add external storage. The drive needs to be 256GB or larger and USB 3.0 compatible.
- It has two USB ports, HDMI in, HDMI out, S/PDIF for digital audio, a proprietary Xbox One Kinect port, an IR blaster connection and an Ethernet port. To the far right is a K-lock in case you want to lug this system around to LAN parties. – more connections than PS4
- DVD/Blu-Ray Player
- Xbox One has a custom 1.75GHz AMD 8-core CPU
- graphics chip AMD Radeon GPU, gives 1.31 teraflops.
- PlayStation 4 is outselling Xbox One 2-to-1 right now, surpassing 22.3 million – that means a possibly larger online community than xbox.
- Some online based games have PS4 only maps, battlegrounds, like seen in Destiny
- PS4 for a streaming and virtual reality future, with PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV and Oculus Rift-rival PlayStation VR
- Sony also has motion sensor game play, but interested gamers will need to buy the PlayStation Camera and the controllers to do so
- Connective play with Sony PSP Vita and Sony Smartphones
- PS4: voice chat and video chat, 3GB of cloud storage
- Free games with PlayStation Plus account.
- PS4 does not make you pay for the use of their apps – better than Xbox
- The dimensions of PS4 are more media cabinet-friendly – better than Xbox One
- PS4 allows user-replaceable internal drives – does not void warranty
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- PS4 CPU at 1.6GHz and contains a similar custom AMD 8-core CPU with x86 based architecture
- PS4 boasts a 1.84 teraflop GPU that’s based on AMD’s Radeon technology – better than Xbox
- 8GB GDDR5 memory – faster than Xbox